Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

For Today: October 18, 2009

Outside my window... darkness, except for the streetlight.  Lots of roadwork.

I am thinking... I'm going to take the morning for myself, to enrich my creative spirit.  Will I be able to do that if I have another child?

I am thankful for... quiet nights, a hot shower after refreshing exercise, and fun, restful weekends with Kai and Marc.

From the kitchen... warm soup and raisin bran muffins.

I am wearing... my pink plaid flannel pyjama pants, cozy slippers and a hoodie.

I am creating...an acrylic wall painting for Derran, as my siblings and I (and our spouses) decided to make Christmas gifts this year.

I am going... nowhere except in this chair until bedtime.

I am reading... graduate studies articles and looking for a new great book.

I am hoping... I can stay awake long enough to decide on a creative project for tomorrow.

I am hearing... silence except for the quiet hum of my laptop.

Around the house...Marc is watching a movie, Kai is sleeping and toys are everywhere.

One of my favourite things... my own space in which to create.

A few plans for the rest of the week... to stop planning so much, and to be instead of always doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment