Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Letters


In the past month or so, you have just really begun to understand that letters represent people's names.  You have been practicing spelling your name, and always pick out a K whenever it flashes by, whether it be quickly on the side of a bus, in a book you are reading or on store signs.  You especially love finding K for Kai, M for Mommy, D for Daddy and Derran, and O for Oscar.  You ask what certain letters are often, and are working on the letters C for Carrie and Christine, A and I for Kai, K for Kelly, B for Brady, J for Jason, L for Lisa and Lizzie and G for Grandma and Grandpa.  You are also starting to add people to the letters you know, like Oma and Opa.  I love this fun phase.

You are beginning to send letters to people as well.  You are colouring pictures of your favourite objects, like race cars, monster trucks and fire engines.  Then we get out the stamp and stamp pad to 'sign' the picture with your name and address the envelope.  We put on a stamp (and of course some kind of sticker on the back) and give it to Daddy to put in the mail.  Once we find a mailbox around here, you can start putting them in yourself.
So proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment