Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Monday, November 30, 2015

My Sweet Husband

I am not sure how to start this but with a heartfelt thank you.  We/I have had many big transitions and milestones this year and you have more than helped me celebrate them.  I know you are not someone who feels the need or desire to celebrate for yourself and you somehow married a woman (and into a family) who celebrates every little moment.  I imagine it must seem a bit over the top at times. However this only makes it SO much more meaningful and touching when you go out of your way to make my moments special.

You volunteered to stay home with the boys when we were invited to Sophia's wedding in New Orleans rather than coming with me so that I could have some girl time.

You surprised me by planning an amazing weekend in Whistler on our 10th wedding anniversary.  There is nothing better than not having to plan a thing.  This was a luxurious gift in itself.

You took me out for a night on the town on the evening of our actual anniversary date and allowed me to choose where to eat and drink and walk on a whim.  It was such a fun and spontaneous night and I loved every moment.

And then there was my 40th birthday...

And driving the kids to daycare every morning...

And giving me quiet time when I need it...

And making dinner on the weekends...

And so much more.

Thank you for all you do for me and our boys.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment