Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Desires of December 10, 2015

Oh desires, how I love you.  There are so many things that would never have happened in my life had I not sat down and expressed my desires for them.  I think we just get so busy that we just forget that we have a say in how our life turns out sometimes.  Well, thanks to the support of my team at work, I took today off to help rest my voice as laryngitis has been showing up all week.  I didn't listen to the universe and take time off because I felt okay beyond my throat and the headache it gave me to talk...okay, I took a few hours off and came back the next day for some more.  Seriously, is teaching a job that allows me to be silent for a whole day?  No so much.  So here I am, blessed by a day of silence and time to connect with myself again.  I have chosen to actually rest, mostly, rather than run around and do the Christmas shopping that beckons to me.

My Desires...

to feel full energy for tonight's Baby It's Cold in Wonderland event with Carol and D

to not have to talk until I pick the kids up from daycare

to go snowshoeing at Cypress multiple times this winter

for someone to clean our house bottom to top while we are out, and I mean, all dust and cobwebs and food splatter stuck to the wall and toothpaste spray all gone, like they were never there, floors and windows sparkly clean

my Fluevogs back in my shoe cupboard

adventures, so many adventures as often as possible, balanced with quiet time to let the amazingness all soak in

healthy, eczema-free sons

to enjoy cooking

to really enjoy the 2 weeks holiday and feel present with my boys and Marc, have fun with them every day

dogsledding at Whistler

snowboarding 8 times this season

go to the gym once or twice a week with ease and spaciousness

to have Christmas presents wrapped under the tree and left in peace by kids

trip to NYC this year-girls trip (over Spring Break?)

to go back to monthly savings plan

to work 4 days per week

a new laminate floor in my office with a white small area rug

horseback riding

a pretty new snowboard

a pretty gym bag

new running shoes and shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment