I awoke the next day to a quiet house and two pots of flowers with a handmade happy birthday sign. Breakfast was delivered to me alongside a chai tea from a friend and colleague. Students made me a birthday hat to wear and I received hugs all day long. I painted with my little guy and was completely present in the moment. My older son began creating with clay and the evening rounded out with snuggles on the couch and Moana. We ate juicy burgers and delicious fries and it was perfect. I felt connected. Life was simple and full of love.
Perhaps my 43rd year will continue on with such love and presence and be filled with simple joys. I feel so much gratitude for the people in my life and the opportunity for so many beautiful moments. It is time to be thankful and continue to live each day to the fullest.
What is perfect?
- waking up before 6:30 a.m. feeling fully rested and excited to begin my day
- listening to a 15 minute guided meditation by candlelight without feeling rushed
- writing my morning pages with a cup of peppermint tea
- leaving for work with a healthy lunch packed and a clear, doable list for my morning before work starts
- connecting with my team before the day begins
- going to the staffroom for recess and lunch
- getting into the woods every day
- leaving work by 3:30 without so I have plenty of play time with my children
- time spent painting, writing and connecting with friends and family
- going for walks in the crisp fall air
- reading books
- time to connect and enjoy life with my husband