Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Uber-Frugal Month Challenge

I'm not quite sure if I am ready to participate, but I am going through the steps as an inquiry process.

Image result for forest image
The thought of simple living evokes this feeling in me.
Goal-setting questions:
Why are you participating in this Challenge? 

I want to be more conscious of all most choices, make them intentional.  So much gets bought and consumed because it is easy, which is important for life balance as well, but it should be done with forethought.  Is there a way of doing things that is better for the planet?  Being conscious of my spending means that I also must be aware of my choices, to slow down and think.

What do you hope to achieve?

I want to be more intentional with all my choices, including spending.

What are your longterm life goals?

Connection: to myself, my family, my friends and the wider world

Where do you want to be in 10 years?

Working four days a week in a job that fills me up
Connecting with my loved ones - spending quality time with them
Spending a lot of time in the forest
Traveling and exploring regularly
Only spending money on things that bring me joy

What about your current lifestyle might prevent those goals from coming to fruition and what can you do about it?

Spending without thinking
Some days I am too busy 'doing' that I don't use my time to enjoy, to be in the moment, to remember and live by what is important

What can I do about it?
Only surround myself by things and people that/who bring me joy - frees up time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment