1. Enjoying my last day of holidays, which have been both fun and relaxing.
2. Wishing I gave myself more time to just 'hang out.' The holidays were a good start.
3. Learning all I can about eating local, sustainable food. I just finished reading the 100-Mile Diet, written by two Kitsilano locals. Jason and Callie gave me two more books to read on the topic, and Glenys emailed me a list of where she shops locally for quality food. Marc and I have also been watching BBC's 'Future of Food' on the globalisation of food.
4. About to 'strip' Kai's diapers for the first time...apparently it's detergent build-up that causes them to smell when he pees...parenthood - so much to learn!
5. Processing our uncut Halloween pumpkins so I can use them in baking. Who knew?!
6. Leisurely working on my 'Journal Your Christmas' scrapbook. It will be such a good memory-keeper.
7. Realizing how Stay-at-Home Moms and Dads spend their time. There is so much to do! So much to try. So much to learn.
8. Noticing again how I'm definitely not a late-night person. It wrecks my mojo...it takes a full day of napping to recover!
9. Thinking about location vacationing in the summer rather than going to Spain. Not wanting to miss out on the free airfare for Kai, though.
10. Glad I have journaling in my life. It centers me and makes me so much calmer.
Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.