Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Day in Your Life

Let's start off at the end of the prior day and work our way back...for some reason, our daily cycle seems to reset every night.

8 p.m.  I take you to brush your teeth and to go to the potty.  You always brush your teeth first, with your cool racecar toothbrush and then I get a turn to make sure we got all the corners.  Then, of course, you want your turn again, I'm pretty sure just because you like the taste of the toothpaste and want more.

8:10: You run out to your daddy, who has your milk ready and you both climb upstairs to your bedroom.  I stay downstairs and do a little work, listening to the laughter as you have fun reading books.  Finally, about an hour later, your daddy comes down as you are finally asleep.

Midnight: You yell "mee-ilk Daddy" loudly until Daddy rolls out of bed, changes your diaper from the loads of milk you had earlier and with luck, 15 minutes later you're asleep again.

5-6 a.m.: You yell "mee-ilk" Daddy, and often end up in our bed, cuddled up to Daddy or sprawled over Mommy, kicking me for more room.

6:30 - 7:30: somewhere in this time you are ready to wake up and go downstairs, where most days you watch the Backyardigans and eat breakfast on the couch while I get us ready for the day.  These days we take more time getting ready because you like to get dressed in your clothes, shoes and outerwear by yourself.

8:00: I drop you off at daycare, where you play with all your friends and actually take a nap...

4:30: I pick you up again at daycare, where you always run to me, tell me what you were just doing and automatically ask to go inside and have a cracker.  No matter what time it is, it is a ritual to have a cracker before we leave daycare.  You especially love the 'oval crackers' (Bretons) and the 'square crackers' (graham wafers).  You used to like the rectangle crackers (Stone Wheat Thins) until you realized the other ones existed.  We drive home, occasionally stopping at the grocery store on the way.

5:00: You play with your toys or help me cook dinner.  Then we eat.

6:00  We play with all your toys, do colouring or art upstairs until your daddy comes home. 

7:00 To much excitement, your daddy comes home and your both make lots of noise and have lots of fun until Mommy has to remind you that it is almost time to get ready to brush your teeth, and the routine begins again.

Good days, but fast.  How we all enjoy the weekends when we can spend more time together and rush less.

No comments:

Post a Comment