Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where You Are Right Now

So it has been months, perhaps longer since I have taken a moment to pause and take note of where and who you are.  2 years and 5 months:

  • "My do it!"  You want to do everything by yourself, from choosing your clothes to wear for the day to attempting to pour your own milk from a full four litre milk carton.  So fun and amazing!
  • "I did it!"  You are in the midst of learning to use the potty and are so proud of yourself when (after 40 minutes of us entertaining you in the bathroom) you finally succeed.  Two things are really keeping you on the training wheels: the reward stickers (bless Thomas the Train puffy stickers) and routine.  How you thrive in following routines...mixed with spontaneity and action, of course.
  • Gymnastics...you are going to gymnastics every Sunday with Claire and Caitlin and you love it.  You also love the teacher Shaina, and during circle time you get closer and closer to her.  I am so proud of how well you listen and follow instructions during circle time.  You really want to do what you're supposed to be doing.  You are doing pike position, hanging upside down from the bar, swinging from the rings, walking on the balance beam and you LOVE jumping on the trampoline.  Every week you look forward to seeing your friends and going to 'nastics...your enthusiasm is incredible.
  • down time...you don't nap when you're at home with us on the weekends or on holidays, but you've begun to enjoy quiet activities much more such as colouring, drawing and playing independently with your cars and trains.  It's wonderful to watch you in your stillness..
  • make-believe...you are beginning to tell such wild stories, usually involving characters from books you've just read or videos like the Backyardigans or something you saw or heard during the day...of course we can only understand every third word as your excitement makes the words blend together, but you love to share your latest adventures...
  • dress-up...it is obvious that most of your friends are females, for you love to put your hair in ponytails (3,4 or 5 at a time often) and dress up in princess dresses while playing at the Camps.  The other night Carmen was teaching you ballet and you were copying her every move.  You were having so much fun at your dance party.
There is so much more I could write and will write in the future.  You are full of energy and love going on any adventure we 'create', even if it is going to Rona to buy a new toilet.  You could go to bed as late as we are willing and wake up happy and raring to go even if you've slept minimal hours.  For you, sleeping is for sissies.  We love you so much and you make us laugh every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment