Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

For Today: August 27, 2011

Outside my window...the ash tree silhouetted in the streetlight.

I am thinking...of my upcoming trip to Montreal, solo for the first time in years.

I am thankful for...reasons to have parties so that you can reconnect with old friends that you haven't seen since the last party, too long ago.

From the kitchen...leftover birthday cupcakes made by me and decorated by Lizzie and Kai, extra bratwurst and chips from Kai's party, fresh green beans and the sweet smell of ripe strawberries.

I am wearing...my favourite, old but new-looking black cotton tanktop (I wish I would have bought more in other colours) and a new-ish dark green cotton skirt.  I love wearing tank tops and skirts - so comfortable, yet feminine.

I am creating...a weekly scrapbook through pictures and a few key sentences through Becky Higgins' Project Life.  It takes commitment to print pictures every week, but I like the snapshot it gives of life.  It makes me realize, again, how fully and busy and wonderful our life is!  Now to tackle documenting the daily routine, from what we eat to where we shop and what our house looks like!

I am going...to make sure that I have time to write or create something on a more regular basis, as I feel calmer, happier and more grateful when I do this.

I am reading...Playful Learning: Develop Your Child's Sense of Joy and Wonder by Mariah Breuhl and various school planning pages to get ready for September.  I am also listening to an audiobook in the series Game of Thrones.

I am hoping...that I have a smooth transition into my new school year after spending my first whole summer without working and with Kai.  I am hoping Kai has a smooth transition into his new daycare while I am away.

I am hearing...popping fireworks and the hum of the computer in an otherwise quiet house.

Around the house...evidence of an exciting day of playing, visiting and birthday partying.

One of my favourite things...my digital camera for documenting life.

A few plans for the rest of the week...visit Kai's new daycare, can applesauce with Glenys and Thea, pack for my trip to Montreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment