Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thankfulness

What a perfect time of year to pause and be thankful...

I am thankful for:

  • the internet for being able to keep my thoughts (via this blog) in a place I can find them that doesn't clutter up another room in my house
  • the computer for storing my photos for me...again, to avoid more clutter in my house, and for ease of access
  • my son, for his joy, sense of adventure and wonder, and of course, his affection
  • my husband, for his playfulness and the freedom he allows me to do what makes me happy, whole and peaceful
  • the fall, for bringing crisp, fresh air back into my days
  • the beautiful mountains and lakes of British Columbia which help me to return to the things and people who are important
  • my wonderful neighbours, with whom I share laughter, frustration, childcare, canning lessons, and cups of tea.  We couldn't ask for more amazing people next door, and next-next door.
  • my camera, for helping me capture the moments that my memory doesn't always store long-term
  • family traditions: some may think we gather and celebrate excessively, but can you really do these things too often?
  • my Mama's group: we have been through so much together, and although we don't see each other as often as we used to, I am so blessed to have you in my life, and in my son's life
  • slippers...oh, how you keep my feet warm and toasty
  • art supplies - without you I would be a frustrated, anxiety-ridden wench.  This gratitude includes you too, writing supplies.
  • my students - you keep me on my toes and think I'm only 20. Bless you!
There is so much more to be thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment