Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

First Adventures

How the universe shows up to support you when you make your desires clear... A quick update on my adventures so far.

1.  Whistler with the girls:

For Kirsten's birthday, five went up to her family's condo in Whistler - Kirsten, me, Damiani, Michelle and Sarah.  To make a long story short, here are some beautiful moments:

a. Driving up the Sea to Sky highway alone, in silence or with fun music, watching the sunset appear over the mountains and ocean.  I am so blessed to live in such a gorgeous part of the country.


Image result for photo sunset on the sea to sky highway
Not my shot, but captures the drive perfectly.
b. Arriving at an empty condo and having time to myself, looking out over the dense forest, to simply breathe and write in my own space.  I need more of this time in my life.

2. Sleeping in and going to Scandinave Spawww.scandinave.com/en/whistler/
 3 hours of complete silence on a gorgeous day, from a hot room (sauna, steam room, hot tub) to a quick cool down in a glacier shower or pool, followed by relaxation in a lounge looking out in the midst of the mountains.  Bliss.


.Image result for scandinave whistler 



3. Going out dancing with the girls - pool sharking Michelle and letting go on the dance floor.  Amazing.




4. Vancouver Mysteries http://www.vancouvermysteries.com/Image result for vancouver Mysteries


2 hours running around Gastown, following clues to solve a mystery.  My kind of fun.  I just wish I would have brought a camera as there were so many great views of historical and modern Vancouver.  Thanks, Tanya!

5. Trapped Escape Room with Brad and Erin.
Image result for trapped escape room vancouver

I have done these rooms three times now, but I could seriously go every month.  I love sleuthing!  Perhaps all those years of reading Cam Jansen, The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew had a lasting effect.

6.  Free UBC Theatre Experience with Marc:  A university friend of Marc's is a theatre professor and producer.  He is doing a study into rehearsal strategies and how they effect the audience.  We watched a play, responded on a clicker throughout the play when we connected to a certain theme we were given and then did a short survey at the end.  It was set in Newfoundland after The Battle of the Somme and had two actors.  It was a great way to spend a few hours, enjoying a play and helping out at the same time.  Should you be interested, there is another production next weekend.  Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/events/883013158438265/

Not only have I been on these adventures, more have been planned and booked!  Check back for updates on these ones:

  • New Orleans for Sophia's wedding: weekend of June 5th
  • possibly the Aquarium After Dark: this Thursday, May 28th
  • RUSH Race and Urban Scavenger Hunt: July 11th
  • Dave Matthews Band concert at The Gorge: September
If any more adventures arrive and you think of me, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment