Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Embracing the Wild

Those of you who know me know that I am not wild by any stretch of the imagination.  There have been glimpses, moments of craziness, usually when I am out drinking or dancing, but they are not the norm.  I grew up in a small town on the conservative side, in a family with strong values of responsibility and making good choices.  I chose to become an elementary school teacher, which comes with its own expectation to follow the straight and narrow.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my town, my family and my career.  I wouldn't change any of them.  I have led a blessed life in so many ways, that is for sure.  But now it is time to embrace a little of the wild...

Perhaps it was the recent trip to New Orleans with its voodoo and celebration of the mystical or the many friends of mine who acknowledge the spiritual world with ease and comfort, but I am beginning to feel a pull towards a new exploration of these worlds.  No, I am not intending to practice black magic or put pins in a doll of any kind.  I simply want to learn more and bravely dip a toe in the water to see what where it takes me.  Perhaps that will simply mean reading a book on the subject, watching some more Outlander ;), or doing another sweat lodge with a more open mind than I had the last time.  I am curious and believe in there being something more than what we can see, but I do not know what.  I know I have some faith in the law of attraction, and that by simply writing down my desires (and not even necessarily sharing them) they are more likely to show up for me.  That I am sure of.


I wasn't brought up religious although my parents were always open to me attending different churches or learning about different belief systems.  I have traveled, lived and learned enough to know that the majority of the human race has faith in something greater.  Lately, the mystical world  is showing up in my dreams, in conversations and is simply on my radar.  Who am I to ignore it?  I have gotten this far in life and created so much I am proud of and love by trusting my instinct and following my heart. Where will this lead?

Where are you in your life in relation to the spiritual?  How open are you?  I would love to hear your stories...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Christine! Off expanding your horizons once again :) I LOVE that about you! As I age I become more and more open to whatever is out there greater than ourselves. For me, I connect mostly through meditation but will be adding crystal bowl meditations to my routine once we have finished travelling (or maybe even WHILE we travel:) Love, love, love you and your ability to be open to everything and everyone!

    ReplyDelete