- Upon sitting in the driver's seat of our car, I found a pastry waiting me on the passenger seat. Aahhh, the little things. Thank you, my thoughtful husband. It was just what I 'needed.'
- Incredible neighbours - thank you for bringing your little ones to play outside your houses at just the right time, and for both cleaning up after K's bead- and book-throwing incident and playing chase with him up and down the sidewalk while I collapsed to sit on the grass. Bless you!
- My son is not one to sit and cuddle. He is ALWAYS busy and on the move. Thank you K for keeping things interesting.
- And thank you for childrens' videos that provide me the opportunity to snuggle up with my child while he is still little and gifts his mama with moments of stillness.
- Appreciation notes. I received a few words of kindness from my principal, which made my crazy day melt away.
- Awaking to clean dishes on the rack, even though I didn't do them and it is my job. I love a clean kitchen in the morning.
Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
For the Love of Playdates and Video Snuggles or The Little Things
After a long day of work yesterday and not enough sleep the night before, I picked up my little one from daycare feeling exhausted. In my head I was praying that one of my neighbours was looking to play. Thankfully, my prayers were answered. So many wonderful little things happen on a daily basis, and today I am going to take a few moments to be thankful for the many that happened yesterday.
Posted by Christine at 6:56 AM