Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Monday, September 20, 2010

For Today...September 20, 2010

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Day Book, I try do a reflection on my day at least once a month.  Here is mine for today...

Outside my window...the street is dark and quiet, and the sound of rain is lulling me into bliss

I am thinking...how I need to sit in candlelight more often.  It feels so relaxing and peaceful, even when I am working

From the kitchen...veggie ground round tacos for dinner, Lemon-Pear Breakfast Bread cooling on the oven for tomorrow morning, and a hot pot of peppermint-camomile tea in my country rose tea set

I am thankful for...quiet nights, actually feeling awake at 9:30 p.m., inspirational and creative blogs.  They make me want to slow down and make things by hand more often...

I am wearing...of course, jeans and slippers, a striped shirt (Kai saw it this morning and said "Tigger!" excitedly), and a secondhand, cozy, zip-up hoody (Thanks for another bargain, Stef!)

I am creating...a plan to complete my graduate credits by January 12th, while still working on maintaining balance and peace, and spending some time with my boys, my friends, my family...with a little 'me time' mixed in

I am going...to get excited about October weekends already!

I am reading...fun blogs, IRPs and graduate study articles

I am hoping...to have more evenings as relaxed as this one

I am hearing...my husband puttering, my computer softly humming and the creaking of our almost one hundred year old house

Around the house...a clean kitchen, Thomas the Tank Engine stickers plastered everywhere, and random toys

One of my favourite things...having time to write

A few plans for the rest of the week...print out a cape pattern for Kai, starting the new Zumba class with Jill and Pia

No comments:

Post a Comment