Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Fruit Friends

Kai, Kelly and I went environmentally to Vancouver's 125th birthday party.  Skytrain to Waterfront, then the plan was to take a free shuttle bus to Stanley Park.  Needless to say, all free things have long waits, so we decided it was easier and just as fast to walk.  After our long commute, we finally reached the Rowing Club at the entrance to Stanley Park with a marina and many boats parked alongside.


I suppose Kai felt the journey would never end because he said, "The boat can take us there."

I replied with, "We don't have a boat.  Which boat can we take?"

In a matter-of-fact tone, he stated, "Strawberry's boat."

"Which one is his?"

"That one," he said, pointing to a really nice boat.

"I don't know how to drive a boat.  Who can drive us there?" I asked.

"Canteloupe."

"So we're taking Strawberry's boat and Canteloupe is driving?"

"Yep."

Wow, if only I had such connections as my two-year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment