Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kai Right Now

My loving Kai,

Here is a brief snapshot of you today:

1. You are all over the place right now trying to figure out boundaries and emotions. 

2.  "I feel sad."  About so many things, but mostly when you do not get what you want: dessert when you have not eaten much dinner; video time when you have had an hour already; a play date when we just came home from one...and then the usual sad-making stuff such as getting hurt or seeing others get hurt.

3.  Testing to see if when one adult says no then perhaps the other will say yes.  Hint: We know what you are doing!

4.  Defiance:  "I don't want to.  I'm not going to."

5.  Lying: telling us you have flushed the toilet and washed your hands when obviously you have done neither; toys that are appearing in your pocket after school that your teacher 'said you could have'.  Hmmm....

6.  Play dates, play dates and more play dates.  You can never have enough in a day.

7.  Obsessed with videos and video games.  Okay, we may have played a part of this one.  Between your gaming dad and a mom with a newborn, the more video time you get, the more you want.

8.  Incredible imagination.  Between the journal writing at school and the story telling at home, you never cease to amaze me.  Often right now you are playing with your stuffy families and making up stories about their lives.  I LOVE it.

9.  Bike riding...for fun, you can't get enough.  You and your dad have had a few guys days bike trips up to Mount Seymour and you can ride forever.

10.  Helpful.  You are always and have always been so willing to help.  Yes, you have to be reminded to put away your things and pack up your plate and cup after dinner, but you also make sure to contribute on your own.  Either way you are learning to be part of the family in more ways. 

11.  Loving.  This never changes even now, in your first real boundary-pushing stage.  I love that about you, my wonderful boy. Keep this quality forever.



1 comment:

  1. He's always been such a loving boy! And the rest of it, all pretty natural as he finds his way in life. Good thing he has such a great mom and dad to help him find his way. One of my favourite things in life is a Kai hug and a slobbery kiss! Love you Buddy!

    ReplyDelete