Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nico: 3 months

 You happy little boy, you make every day a joy.  This first picture is so like you - relaxed, happy and enjoying life.  This has been a full and fun month with you.

Some growing milestones:

Every minute you are awake, it is like we have taken you to an amusement park for you first time.  Everything makes you smile: when we stick our tongues out, when we make noises, people walking by...I hope life continues to be so amazing and wonderful for you.

Like the loving boy you are, at 12 weeks you waited until I, Daddy and Kai were all watching to roll over from your tummy to your back for your first time (and ironically, last time for much longer).

Experimenting - the world and everything in it is a toy.  You stick your tongue out and twist it like no one has ever done it before. Being able to lift your legs up now, you train like you are heading to the Olympics.  People, television in the background, moving objects...like the are the best thing you have ever seen, each one.

You are beginning to have some hand control, which is perfect timing to help yourself learn how to put yourself back to sleep, but you are sucking on your fist and thumb now for soothing too.  The other side of hand control is grabbing - you find my hair fascinating and Oma bought you a rattle that you shake and chew on all the time.

Sleep training:  You love to sleep...on me mostly, as it happens.  Since the beginning, you have taken to cuddling up on me in the carrier or on the couch and when I am with you, it is the only place you will sleep.  When Daddy took the 'night shift' so I could sleep, for some reason you would sleep in the bassinette for a few hours at a time, but as soon as I entered the feeding/sleeping cycle, day or night, it was on me you preferred.  As much as I loved the sweet smell, warmth and feel of you curled again me and totally surrendered, my back was less enthusiastic.  So we decided it was time for some sleep training.  As with everything, you took to it like a dream.  Yes, we had a few days of you being confused and upset on and off, but the routine suited you and you began to sleep in your crib, getting up less and less during the night.  After a few weeks, you were routinely sleeping through the night to everyone's surprise and excitement.

FAMILY

You are blessed, our wee one, to be surrounded by family so often, but December is an especially busy, exciting time of traditions and visits with both sides of the family.  Before the actual day of Christmas (as we will include that in your 4 month post), we had a tree decorating party and family photos at Uncle Jason, Auntie Lisa and Lizzie's new house in Langley; we went to the Christmas train; we had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's and watched your brother toboggan one evening with his good friend Ben and his family.  This is one of my favourite times of year, and I am so glad this is the beginning of sharing it with you.  You are so loved, Nico, and share your love openly in return.  We too are blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment