This year, I truly feel the need for nothing but time. This gift will come to me late, on January 12th at approximately 5 p.m. to be more specific. No more graduate work after this time for me! I dream of doing so many things, of which these are a few:
- have a weekend full of no plans
- games night with friends
- do a yoga class...goodness knows my body could use it!
- craft, craft and craft some more - sewing, knitting, scrapbooking...
- real date nights with my husband, when I'm not thinking of all the work I have to do
- more playdates with my son
And here are a few I already have planned:
- ladies night snowboarding lessons at Mt. Seymour
- Photo Walk with Amanda Kerr Photography
- gymnastic lessons with/for Kai at Phoenix Gymnastics on Sunday mornings
- a night of good food and painting at Raw Canvas
So, where is my Christmas list, you ask? I don't have one. Period. I have everything I need to love my family and friends, and to be creative except time, which is coming soon. Perhaps if you are one of those people who is intent on getting a gift for me (and I DO LOVE gifts!), how about something for us to do together? A date!
Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.