Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Sweetness of a Little One

My son is a boy's boy. Given a chance, he will choose to run, jump, hop, climb and generally explore. Case in point: Last night at Rona, after running up and down the aisles, breaking a decoration and pushing a screw threw multiple boxes, he decided to check out what was behind the row of lanterns on the floor. He disappeared for a few minutes, and came out with a giant grin on his face and six years of 'dust' on his pants from the palettes on which he was playing.

But Kai also has this sweet side that is showing more and more. Marc and I have been sick and injured for what has felt like all of November, and continues on into December. Marc put out his back and was out-of-bounds for Kai for a good week. As hard as this was for Kai, he adapted and took care of his little bear instead, laying him down with a tissue pillow and blanket, and putting ice on his back. Kai also had mysterious empathetic back pains himself :).

The other day, I coughed while decorated the house with Kai, and heard one of my already-tender ribs pop, and winced in pain. I hear a concerned, "Hurt your back, Mommy?" and replied, "My ribs hurt, buddy." He leaned over to give me a kiss and when I thanked him, he had a look of surprise and understanding on his face. "Make Mommy happy!"...it was the first time I had seen Kai understand that what he did could make me better.

The sweetness of my little one...so many stories to tell.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, story, Christine. Kai is a very sweet (and so clearly loved) little boy.

    ReplyDelete