Welcome!

Every night I go to bed, I have thoughts swirling in my head. Things to do. Scrapbook pages I want to create. Gifts I want to make. Skills I want to learn. And, of course, daily happenings that I don't want to forget, but invariably will by tomorrow morning, only to pop up in a random thought weeks down the road. So, here I am. I may use this blog daily to empty my head and heart before cuddling up in my duvet, or as it may be, I may write in it once a month. Who knows. It is for me, but perhaps something I write or learn may spark a fire in someone else. Perhaps it may quiet a mind or make you feel like you are not alone out there. It is for me. But perhaps it is for you.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

When Life is Simple...

Day 4 of our family getaway to Ucluelet.  I love what we have been doing: art, walks in the rain, splashing in puddles, running from ocean waves as they crash to the shore, reading, watching videos...nothing planned, but everything perfect. 







Here are a few photos of playground games and Kai 'putting his trucks to sleep', but mostly it was too rainy to risk taking out our camera. 

Currently Marc is putting Kai to bed with multiples books, endless cups of 'mee-ilk' and lots of laughter...what is it that they do in there?!  I just finished soaking my hands in a sinkful of hot, soapy water while doing dishes, a task that I find so relaxing when I am not in a rush to get things done...this feeling goes way back into my childhood, although then I was also continually re-wetting the dishes in the drying rack so my brother wouldn't get out of drying while he was off somewhere trying to get out of drying. 

How I love vacation.  We can stay in our pyjamas until noon.  We can all sleep together in one bed without waking each other up, because we are so tired from fresh air.  On this trip, Kai has made it a habit to climb into bed with us when he wakes up in the night, and I love it...for vacation only, that is.  I can begin to daydream about what I can make with my own hands again, since soon I will have time.  I can begin to live in the moment with my family again, rather than with my work.  How I love vacation...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the line about re-wetting the dishes:) It's so YOU and it's SO Jason! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time - good for you guys!! Dad and I just got back from the Christmas Carol dinner cruise in the harbour. It was a full ship so lots of singing. We went on the upper deck in the wind and drizzle but it's 10 degrees still here so it wasn't cold at all. We miss you tons but are glad you're having a great time and will see you soon!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics of Kai in his muddy buddy... were you able to maintain your vacation bliss trying to get him into it?! Sounds like you are having a great time... miss you, have a Merry Christmas!
    love Carrie

    ReplyDelete